Dr. Rita Axelrod, MD is a hematology & oncology specialist in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Axelrod completed a residency at Med Coll Ga Hosps. She currently practices at Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center - Jefferson Health and is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. She accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Axelrod is board certified in Hematology.
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center - Jefferson Health
Jefferson University Physicians925 Chestnut St Ste 320a, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (215) 955-8874
- University of Pennsylvania, Fellowship Hospital — 1975
- Med Coll Ga Hosps, Residency Hospital — 1973
- St Lukes - Roosevelt Hospital Center at Roosevelt Division, Internship Hospital — 1971
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Capital Blue Cross
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- Devon Health
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Keystone Health Plan East
- One Net
- Private HealthCare Systems
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Axelrod?
Knowledgeable and Compassionate.... She will take whatever time is necessary and try whatever road she can to help her patients. I had been given 6 months in 2001 and is still here and able to enjoy my grandchildren as of 2016. What a wonderful caring doctor.
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Jefferson Methodist Hospital