Call (804) 373-6649 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. Richard Pettit, MD is a general surgery specialist in Richmond, VA. Dr. Pettit completed a residency at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. He currently practices at Richmond Surgical and is affiliated with Retreat Doctors' Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Pettit is board certified in General Surgery.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Residency Hospital
- Medical College Of Virginia, Medical School
- Med College Va, Internship Hospital — 1979
- George Mason University, Undergraduate School — 1974
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Golden Rule
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute7607 Forest Ave Ste 220, Richmond, VA 23229 Existing Patients: (804) 373-6649
Richmond Surgical Dominion Medical Park
Richmond Surgical Dominion Medical Park8239 Meadowbridge Rd Ste D, Mechanicsville, VA 23116 Existing Patients: (804) 373-6683
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Pettit?
This is definitely the person you want on your team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Pettit has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Richard Pettit, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Pettit's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Pettit accepts your insurance.
Dr. Pettit frequently treats Inguinal Hernia, Umbilical Hernia, and Abdominoplasty.
Dr. Pettit's office is located at 7607 Forest Ave Ste 220, Richmond, VA 23229. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Pettit speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- Parham Doctors' Hospital
- Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital