Click here to compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists.
Dr. Richard Thunder, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in La Jolla, CA. Dr. Thunder completed a residency at Stanford University Hospital. He currently practices at Torrey Pines Orthopaedic Medical Group, Inc. and is affiliated with Mammoth Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Thunder is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Stanford University Medical Center, Fellowship Hospital — 2005
- Stanford University Hospital, Residency Hospital — 2004
- Stanford University, Medical School — 1999
- San Diego State, Undergraduate School — 1989
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Health Net
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Torrey Pines Orthopaedic Medical Group, Inc.
David J. Dalstrom, MD9850 Genesee Ave Ste 210, La Jolla, CA 92037 Existing Patients: (858) 535-1075
Sierra Park Orthopedic/Neurolgy
Sierra Park Orthopedic/Neurolgy85 Sierra Park Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546 Existing Patients: (760) 924-4084
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Thunder?
I saw mixed reviews about him online so was pleasantly surprised to have an awesome experience today and wanted to share so patients like me in the future go in. He listened well, was thorough in exam, walked me through MRI, answered all my questions, and guided treatment path. His staff was very courteous friendly and on time. Overall awesome and I will definitely be back. Highly recommend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Thunder has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Thunder frequently treats Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures.
Dr. Thunder's office is located at 9850 Genesee Ave Ste 210, La Jolla, CA 92037. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Mammoth Hospital
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla