Dr. Richard Alvarez, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Chattanooga, TN. Dr. Alvarez completed a residency at Tulane University Hospital and Clinics. He currently practices at Orthopaedic Institute Of Chattanooga and is affiliated with Erlanger Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Alvarez is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
Orthopaedic Institute Of Chattanooga
Chattanooga office979 E 3rd St Ste C430, Chattanooga, TN 37403 (423) 624-6584
- Univ of TN Erlanger Hosp, Internship Hospital
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Medical School
- U Vt, Fellowship Hospital — 1982
- Tulane University Hospital and Clinics, Residency Hospital — 1981
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Alvarez?
After many years of agonizing pain in my left big toe, from arthritis, Dr. David Phillips referred me to Dr. Alvarez. He took X-rays and explained that I needed surgery. He performed the surgery and I haven’t had any pain, at all, since. I have read the above reviews and understand it is frustrating when the Doctor is late. He has to deal with emergencies and take sufficient time for other patients. I don’t know the man outside his office but I know he took time with me and made my toe where it doesn’t hurt. If anyone in my family has foot problems, they are going to Dr. Alvarez. Nuff said.
- Erlanger Medical Center
- Parkridge Medical Center