Dr. Venkataraman Muthusamy, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Muthusamy completed a residency at Duke University Hospital. He currently practices at Limited To Official State Duties Only and is affiliated with Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Muthusamy is board certified in Gastroenterology.
Limited To Official State Duties Only200 Ucla Medical Plz Ste 365, Los Angeles, CA 90095 (310) 206-0007
- University of California-San Francisco, Fellowship Hospital — 2001
- University Of California, Irvine (Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship), Other Education — 2001
- Duke University Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1998
- Duke University Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 1996
- University of Washington School of Medicine, Medical School — 1995
- Stanford University, Undergraduate School — 1991
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Muthusamy?
This doctor saved my life…5 times. I am not given to exaggerations or emotional excess, but Dr. Muthusamy stepped up and did what I doubt another doctor could have done, and in the face of daunting restrictions. About 1 ½ years ago I was blindsided with a diagnosis of esophageal cancer. Surgically dealing with this form of cancer is tricky enough, but I had a coronary event just before I was scheduled for surgery with Dr. Muthusamy. As a result, I was on blood thinners and it became necessary to both delay the surgery, and then to break it up into multiple procedures over an extended period of time. Dr. Muthusamy did not balk at the task. He progressively removed the cancerous tissue from my lower esophagus and stomach over 5 separate procedures. The timing had to be precise. Last week we celebrated the news that am I cancer free. This is a young, vibrant, communicative doctor with a big smile and a great bedside manner and all business in the OR. Thank you again for saving my life.
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center