Dr. Rakesh Patel, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Patel's profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Rakesh Patel, MD is a ophthalmology specialist in Columbia, SC. Dr. Patel completed a residency at Montefiore / Albert Einstein Coll of Med. He currently practices at Palmetto Health-USC Ophthalmology and is affiliated with Prisma Health Baptist Parkridge Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Patel is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- University Of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Fellowship Hospital — 2014
- Montefiore / Albert Einstein Coll of Med, Residency Hospital — 2012
- Maimondes Med Ctr, Internship Hospital — 2009
- Medical University of South Carolina, Medical School — 2008
- Duke University, Undergraduate School — 2003
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Patel?
I would like to thank Dr. Patel and his staff for the excellent care I received during my recent eye surgery. The results are incredible. His professional mannerism and excellence in ocular surgery put me at ease and I am so thankful and very pleased with the results. I am blessed to have him as my surgeon and I would highly recommend him. Thank you for being my Physician.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Patel accepts your insurance.
Dr. Patel frequently treats Eyelid Surgery, Eyelid Disorders, and Ectropion of Eyelid.
Dr. Patel's office is located at 9 Richland Medical Park Dr Ste 340, Columbia, SC 29203. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Patel has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Prisma Health Baptist Parkridge Hospital
- Prisma Health Richland Hospital
Palmetto Health-USC Ophthalmology
Palmetto Health-USC Ophthalmology9 Richland Medical Park Dr Ste 340, Columbia, SC 29203 Existing Patients: (803) 434-2020