Dr. Rufus Hixon, MD is a pediatric cardiology specialist in Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Hixon completed a residency at Medical College of Georgia Hospital and Clinic. He currently practices at Pediatric Cardiology Associates of LA. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Hixon is board certified in Pediatric Cardiology.
Pediatric Cardiology Associates of LA
Pediatric Cardiology Associates of LA7777 Hennessy Blvd Ste 103, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 (225) 767-6700
- Medical College of Georgia Hospital and Clinic, Fellowship Hospital — 1997
- Medical College of Georgia Hospital and Clinic, Residency Hospital — 1994
- Medical College of Georgia Hospital and Clinic, Internship Hospital — 1992
- Georgia Regents U, Medical College, Medical School — 1991
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Hixon?
Dr. Hixon saved my daughter's life. She was in her teens and in the Pediatric ICU of Our Lady of The Lake Hospital for 8 days. There were many specialists working on her case and trying to save her life. Dr. Hixon was there from the beginning. After leaving the hospital, he became her cardiologist. He is an EXCELLENT doctor and should be given only 5 stars by everyone. Good doctors who truly care are very hard to find. Unlike other doctors, he treats patients with compassion, kindness, and hope.