Dr. Loethen has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Paul Loethen, MD is a general surgery specialist in Alton, IL. Dr. Loethen completed a residency at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center. He currently practices at Saint Anthony's Physician Group and is affiliated with Memorial Hospital East. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Loethen is board certified in General Surgery.
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 2009
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 2009
- University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago, Medical School — 2004
- University of Illinois, Undergraduate School — 1999
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- HAP Insurance
- Union Pacific Railroad Employee Health Systems
- USA Managed Care Organization
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Loethen?
Used him for a hernia surgery and wife used to remove a growth. Believe him to be one of the best surgeons in the country. Explained entire procedure and options available. Excellent touch and barely any evidence of where surgery was done.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Loethen accepts your insurance.
Dr. Loethen frequently treats Intestinal Obstruction, Cholecystitis and Gallstones, and Gallstones.
Dr. Loethen's office is located at 2 Saint Anthonys Way Ste 305, Alton, IL 62002. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Memorial Hospital East
Saint Anthony's Physician Group
Saint Anthony's Physician Group General Surgery2 Saint Anthonys Way Ste 305, Alton, IL 62002 Existing Patients: (618) 465-9024