Dr. Patrick Sullivan, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Sullivan completed a residency at University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. He currently practices at Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons and is affiliated with Methodist West Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Sullivan is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Hospital for Special Surgery, Fellowship Hospital — 1987
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Residency Hospital — 1986
- Combined With Residency, Internship Hospital — 1986
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Medical School — 1981
- Dartmouth College, Undergraduate School — 1977
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- HAP Insurance
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Sullivan?
Dr. Sullivan was very good to me when I had bilateral knee replacement in 2016. He came to see me during my first couple days right after surgery, taking the time to actually sit with me and answer questions. He also came back another time during the initial recovery to see how well I was walking. He did two manual adjustments when I asked him to and saw me on two occasions when I was sure I had messed up my new hardware. I really do appreciate, too, that he agreed to do this surgery as another doc had told me he wouldn't do it until I lost more weight. Dr. Sullivan took one look at my X-rays and said "When do you want to do this? " I felt like he understood that I am a motivated person who would do everything I could, with swimming, PT, exercise, etc. to both recover and lose more weight. He showed the wisdom of being able to read and understand me as a person, as well as the most obvious fact that, of course, I couldn't go on with knees that could be felt & heard crunching!
- Methodist West Hospital