Dr. Michael Chmell, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Rockford, IL. Dr. Chmell completed a residency at Vanderbilt University Med Center. He currently practices at OrthoIllinois and is affiliated with Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Chmell is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Fellowship Hospital — 1995
- Vanderbilt University Med Center, Residency Hospital — 1994
- Vanderbilt University Department Of Surgery, Internship Hospital — 1990
- University Of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, Undergraduate School — 1985
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Choice Health
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- HAP Insurance
- The Alliance
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Chmell?
Dr Chmell has operated on my hip in 2003 & both knees, one in 2006 & the other in 2010. I never had ANY problems with my surgeries. I am so sad to see him retire. I just wanted to wish him the best of luck in the future.
- Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital
- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
- SwedishAmerican Hospital