Find contact information here to make an appointment.
Dr. Michael Edwards, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in North Charleston, SC. Dr. Edwards completed a residency at University Of Tennessee-Memphis. He currently practices at South Carolina Cardiovascular Associates and is affiliated with East Cooper Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Edwards is board certified in Thoracic Surgery.
- University Of Tennessee-Memphis, Residency Hospital — 1986
- U Tenn, Internship Hospital — 1980
- University of Tennessee, Memphis, Internship Hospital — 1980
- University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine, Medical School — 1979
- University of Tennessee, Undergraduate School — 1974
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Healthcare of the Carolinas
- First Choice Health
- First Health
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Compare with other Cardiothoracic Surgery Specialists
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Edwards?
Great doctor, straight to the point. Did the surgery and no issues afterwards. Great doctor!
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to compare with other Cardiothoracic Surgery Specialists.
A list of accepted insurance providers is available on the Healthgrades insurance check. It is always a good idea to verify your insurance when making an appointment.
Dr. Edwards frequently treats the following conditions: Atherosclerosis, Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA). See more on Sharecare.
Dr. Edwards' office is located at 9213 University Blvd Ste C, North Charleston, SC 29406. You can find other locations and directions on Sharecare.
Dr. Michael Edwards, MD is affiliated with East Cooper Medical Center and Trident Medical Center.
Yes, Dr. Michael Edwards, MD holds board certifications in Thoracic Surgery.
Dr. Edwards has over 43 years of healthcare experience.
There is a star rating of 4.2/5 for Dr. Michael Edwards, MD. Patients say that the provider explained conditions well and they trusted the provider's decisions. See all patient feedback on Sharecare.
- East Cooper Medical Center
- Trident Medical Center
South Carolina Cardiovascular Associates
South Carolina Cardiovascular Associates9213 University Blvd Ste C, North Charleston, SC 29406 (843) 572-2100