Dr. Abel has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Michael Abel, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Abel completed a residency at Naval Regl Med Center. He currently practices at San Francisco Surgical Medial Group and is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center - Van Ness Campus. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Abel is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery.
- Cook Co Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 1985
- Naval Regl Med Center, Residency Hospital — 1982
- Uc San Franccisco, Residency Hospital — 1982
- Naval Regl Med Center, Internship Hospital — 1978
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Medical School — 1977
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Undergraduate School — 1977
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
San Francisco Surgical Medial Group3838 California St Rm 616, San Francisco, CA 94118 Existing Patients: (415) 923-3020
San Francisco Surgical Medical Group
Russell D Woo M.d. A Professional Corporation2100 Webster St Ste 520, San Francisco, CA 94115 Existing Patients: (415) 923-3020
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Abel?
Dr. Abel performed my gall bladder surgery when I was suffering from gall stones and pancreatitis. His manner was so pleasant and calming that you stress level abated. He did an excellent surgery and I recovered fully thanks to his treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Abel accepts your insurance.
Dr. Abel frequently treats Anal or Rectal Pain, Hemorrhoids, and Repair of Anal and Rectal Defects (Anoplasty, Repair of Imperforate Anus, Sphincteroplasty, Rectal Graft).
Dr. Abel's office is located at 3838 California St Rm 616, San Francisco, CA 94118. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- California Pacific Medical Center - Van Ness Campus
- California Pacific Medical Center Mission Bernal
- St. Mary's Medical Center