Book an Appointment
Dr. Michael Townsend, MD
New Patient(504) 300-8305
Dr. Michael Townsend, MD is a general surgery specialist in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Townsend completed a residency at Case Western Reserve University. He currently practices at Ochsner Medical Center and is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Townsend is board certified in Critical Care Surgery.
Ochsner Medical Center
Ochsner Medical Center1514 Jefferson Hwy, New Orleans, LA 70121 Call
- Case Western Reserve University, Fellowship Hospital
- Case Western Reserve University, Residency Hospital
- Case Western Reserve University, Internship Hospital
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine, Medical School
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care of Louisiana
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Health Payors Organization
- PPO Plus
- Special Needs Plan
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Townsend?
Dr. Townsend saved my life! I first arrived at Ochsner's Emergency Room in March 2017 with a gunshot wound. Dr. Townsend and his team showed up immediately to perform emergency surgery to save my life. The bullet did damage to my small intestine and colon. I had a colostomy bag. Dr. Townsend reversed the ostomy in July 2017. Some staples failed and my incision reopened wide and deep requiring a Wound Vac. A year later I developed a huge Incisional Hernia at the same place the staples failed and needed a wound vac. In October 2019 Dr Townsend and his team performed a Flap Graft Abdominal Wall Component Separation Surgery to repair my Incisional Hernia. He and his team did a great job and my stomach looks and feels so much better!!! Almost back to normal! Thank you Dr Townsend and team for saving my life, reversing the ostomy and repairing my hernia!!!
- Ochsner Medical Center