Dr. Matthew McCarthy, MD is a sports psychiatry & neurology specialist in Florham Park, NJ. Dr. McCarthy completed a residency at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He currently practices at Summit Medical Group and is affiliated with Morristown Medical Center. Dr. McCarthy is board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology.
Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group Neurosciences140 Park Ave, Florham Park, NJ 07932 Existing Patients: (973) 718-5800
- The Sports Neurology Clinic, Fellowship Hospital — 2017
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 2016
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 2012
- Weill Cornell Medical College, Medical School — 2011
- Williams College, Undergraduate School — 2007
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Priority Health
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. McCarthy?
We feel extremely lucky to have Dr. McCarthy to see my 14 year old son, who got concussion from an ice hockey game 6 months ago. As a neurologist and a college level hockey player, he gave us what we could expect most from any doctor. He was very patient and thorough when listening to the description of my son's symptoms. He even gave us a short lecture on the board on how various nerves affect people's sensation of head. He spent over 1 hour with us. Something we never experienced with any doctor, let alone a highly trained specialist as neurologist. A sport enthusiast himself, he could feel the longing for exercise from a teenager's perspective, especially whose regular routine has been wreck havoc by both concussion injury and COV19. Coming back from his appointment, my son and I feel so much relieved. I highly recommend Dr. McCarthy, especially to hockey players.
- Morristown Medical Center