Dr. Matthew Niesen, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Beaver Dam, WI. Dr. Niesen completed a residency at University of California At Los Angeles. He currently practices at Prairie Ridge High Clinic and is affiliated with Prairie Ridge Health. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Niesen is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Mayo Medical School, Fellowship Hospital — 2015
- University of California At Los Angeles, Residency Hospital — 2014
- University Of Wi Hosp and Clin, Internship Hospital — 2010
- Univ of WI Med Sch, Medical School — 2009
- University Of Wisconsin-Madison, Undergraduate School — 2004
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dean Health Plan, Inc.
- Physicians Plus Insurance Corporation
- Unity Health Plans Insurance Corporation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Niesen?
Dr Nielsen is a 5 star reconstructive surgeon. He took a leg that had been previously worked on twice by a surgeon no longer practicing here because of poor surgery skills and knowledge. I went through 2 years of therapy with a walker on a leg that would never get better due to the surgeon who had no idea how to repair it and also broke it during surgery and did not replace the parts. I went to see Dr Nielsen and he rebuilt my leg which is now working great! No more walker! I recently had him replace my other knee and had such a quick recovery it was unbelievable! I did not even need the full days of therapy! The difference is miraculous! I will never have anything done by another orthopedic surgeon unless it is Dr. Neisen. The care at Columbus Hospital was also excellent! The nursing staff were always right there when you needed care. The whole experience was wonderful! I highly recommend this doctor and staff. Sincerely, Jo Marie Maederer
- Prairie Ridge Health