Dr. Masem has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Mathias Masem, MD is a orthopedic hand surgery specialist in Oakland, CA. Dr. Masem completed a residency at UC San Francsicso. He currently practices at Bay Area Hand Surgery Assocs and is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Masem is board certified in Hand Surgery.
- Harvard Medical School, Fellowship Hospital — 1987
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 1987
- Jack Tupper, Fellowship Hospital — 1984
- U Bern, Fellowship Hospital — 1983
- UC San Francsicso, Residency Hospital — 1983
- University of California-San Francisco, Residency Hospital — 1978
- University of California-San Francisco, Internship Hospital — 1976
- University of Minnesota Medical School, Medical School — 1975
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Western Health Advantage
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Bay Area Hand Surgery Assocs
Bay Area Hand Surgery Assocs80 Grand Ave Ste 600, Oakland, CA 94612 Existing Patients: (510) 763-0884
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Masem?
I had a traction injury that I went to many doctors for help with. Pretty much none of them were able to even identify the problem until I went to Dr. Masem. He immediately knew what the ailment was and how to treat it, while other doctors knew nothing about my condition. Overall, I am impressed at his medical knowledge, even by doctor standards and highly recommend him for any hand related issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Mathias Masem, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Masem's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Masem accepts your insurance.
Dr. Masem frequently treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist, Osteoarthritis of Hands, and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Dr. Masem's office is located at 80 Grand Ave Ste 600, Oakland, CA 94612. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Masem speaks German and English. View profile to see all.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
- John Muir Health, Walnut Creek Medical Center
- UCSF Medical Center at Parnassus