Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients can also call (442) 274-0577, and for other questions, call (760) 294-1660.
Dr. Mark Shapiro, MD
New Patient(858) 429-6462
Dr. Mark Shapiro, MD is a nephrology specialist in Escondido, CA. Dr. Shapiro completed a residency at University of California, San Diego. He currently practices at Balboa Nephrology Medical Group and is affiliated with Palomar Medical Center Poway. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Shapiro is board certified in Nephrology.
Balboa Nephrology Medical Group
631 E Grand Ave631 E Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025 Call
- University of California, San Diego, Internship Hospital
- University of California, San Diego, Fellowship Hospital — 1993
- University of California, San Diego, Residency Hospital — 1990
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Shapiro?
I have been a patient of Dr. Shapiro for several years. He has an outstanding bedside manner and is honest and engaging with me as a patient. He and his staff have excellent communications skills and work with you in your approach to you healthcare. I highly recommend him for anyone with kidney disorders.
- Palomar Medical Center Poway
- Palomar Medical Center Downtown Escondido
- Palomar Medical Center Escondido
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Mark Shapiro, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Shapiro's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Shapiro accepts your insurance.
Dr. Shapiro frequently treats Nephrotic Syndrome, Hyperkalemia, and Gout.
Dr. Shapiro's office is located at 631 E Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Shapiro speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Shapiro has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.