Call (352) 632-6341 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. Mahmood Akel, MD is a family medicine specialist in Spring Hill, FL. Dr. Akel completed a residency at Sister's of Charity Hospital - Sheehan Memorial. He currently practices at Akel Surgical and is affiliated with HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Sister's of Charity Hospital - Sheehan Memorial, Residency Hospital
- Sister's of Charity Hospital - Sheehan Memorial, Internship Hospital
- Alexandria University Faculty Of Medicine, Medical School
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Akel?
I was there because I had colon cancer. I was a high risk patient. So he wanted to talk to someone in my family. And he did. Then he called my lung Dr but he never came to see me in hosp. He was angry because I have copd.He is a good Dr he was straight with me, that’s important to me.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Akel accepts your insurance.
Dr. Akel frequently treats Arthritis of the Elbow, Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot, and Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis.
Dr. Akel's office is located at 5433 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, FL 34606. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Akel speaks Arabic and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Akel has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
- HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital
- Bayfront Health Brooksville
Akel Surgical5433 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, FL 34606 Existing Patients: (352) 632-6341