Dr. L McCarty, MD is a orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery specialist in Edina, MN. Dr. McCarty completed a residency at Harvard Orthopaedic Residency / Massachusetts General Hospital. He currently practices at Sports & Orthopaedic Specialists and is affiliated with Abbott Northwestern Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. McCarty is board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
Sports & Orthopaedic Specialists
Sports & Orthopaedic Specialists8100 W 78th St Ste 230, Edina, MN 55439 (952) 946-9777
Spanish, French, English
- Rush Presbyterian Medical Center, Fellowship Hospital — 2005
- Harvard Orthopaedic Residency / Massachusetts General Hospital, Residency Hospital — 2004
- Harvard Orthopaedic Residency / Beth Israel-Deaconess Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 2000
- University of Mississippi, Medical School — 1999
- Brown University / Alpert Medical School, Undergraduate School — 1993
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Bluegrass Family Health
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- National Elevator
- State Farm
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. McCarty?
It was 2 years since my r. shoulder rotator cuff repair. Dr. McCarty was awesome, as was his PA. Unfortunately, I am now facing the same terrible pain in my left shoulder. Shoulder repair surgery is the most painful surgery. I had my surgery in September 2017, still, at Thanksgiving we went to dinner and I was in a partial sling with my tens and ice. It was not a picnic. If you are not in excruciating pain, forget it. I've been following the rehab exercises as I did prior to surgery on the r. I'm certain the same fate will occur. I truly regard McCarty as the best. At my 1 week follow up back in 2017, a woman say across from me waiting for the surgeon. She proceeded to tell another woman that she had 2 tear repairs and both failed. She had no choice but to try again. Her story stuck in mind, I trust Dr. McCarty's procedure was a success. Courage/Allina have the best.
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital