Click here to compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists.
Dr. L Watkins, MD is a ophthalmology specialist in Houston, TX. Dr. Watkins completed a residency at Hermann Hosp/U Tex Med School. He currently practices at Heights Optical and is affiliated with CHI St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital - Bryan, TX. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Hermann Hosp/U Tex Med School, Residency Hospital — 1986
- Baylor Coll Med Affil Hosps, Internship Hospital — 1983
- University Of Texas Medical School At Houston, Medical School — 1982
- Assurant Health
- Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Humana Health Plan of Texas
- MHealth Insured
- Principal Life
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Watkins?
My daughter had a visit with Dr. Watkins today. The great staff- Jessica, helped us alleviate a major billing error; Chris, infectious laughter and vision specialist. We arrived before our 2:30 pm DARS exam which began an hour later and left at 5pm. We saw Dr Watkins all of 10 minutes—reviewed chart, examined eyes, said nice to meet you, and left. Chris did most of the talking and completing her paperwork. My daughter was diagnosed since an infant with ocular albinism from numerous Houston Eye and University of Houston eye doctors. Yet, they disagreed with albinism.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Watkins has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Watkins frequently treats Presbyopia, Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis), and Allergic Conjunctivitis.
Dr. Watkins' office is located at 427 W 20th St Ste 100, Houston, TX 77008. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- CHI St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital - Bryan, TX
- Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital