Call (985) 200-4492 to make an appointment. Click here for more information.
Dr. Kevin Darr, MD
Make an Appointment(318) 884-9919
Dr. Kevin Darr, MD is a regenerative medicine specialist in Covington, LA. Dr. Darr completed a residency at LSU Health Science Center of New Orleans. He currently practices at Practice and is affiliated with Avala Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Darr is board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
- New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, Ma, Fellowship Hospital — 1994
- LSU Health Science Center of New Orleans, Residency Hospital — 1993
- Charity Hospital Affiliated Hospitals and Clinics, New Orleans, LA, Internship Hospital — 1989
- Louisiana State Univeristy, Undergraduate School — 1984
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Peoples Health
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Darr?
I had a bicycle accident in 2013 and the closest hospital they brought me to was a heart hospital. Dr. Darr drive there that evening to do surgery on my leg, which had a broken tibia and fibula. We were very impressed with him and put at ease when he offered to pray with us before going back for surgery. His bedside manner was awesome. I knew recovery was going to be rough but I was willing to do anything and everything. He couldn’t give me a direct answer as to whether I’d be able to run again it we were hopeful. This past month, I was able to complete my first half Ironman (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run) and experienced zero pain with my leg with the metal rod and screws. I wouldn’t be where I’m at today if he hadn’t come to do the surgery and I’m so grateful for him. Looking forward to training and completing more races. Thank you Dr. Darr!
- Avala Hospital
- Cypress Pointe Surgical Hospital
- Lakeview Regional Medical Center
- Our Lady of the Angels Hospital
- St. Tammany Health System
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Kevin Darr, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Darr's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Darr accepts your insurance.
Dr. Darr frequently treats Joint Pain, Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain, and Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear).
Dr. Darr's office is located at 19343 Sunshine Ave, Covington, LA 70433. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Darr has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.