Dr. Karen Ballen, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Ballen's profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Karen Ballen, MD is a hematology specialist in Charlottesville, VA. Dr. Ballen completed a residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. She currently practices at University of Virginia Medical Center and is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. She accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Ballen is board certified in Hematology.
- Brigham and Womens Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 1992
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 1989
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 1987
- Dartmouth School of Medicine, Medical School — 1986
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
University of Virginia Medical Center1215 Lee St, Charlottesville, VA 22908 Existing Patients: (434) 297-5026
Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center
Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center1240 LEE ST, Charlottesville, VA 22908 Existing Patients: (434) 924-9333
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Ballen?
I was a patient of Dr. Ballen at Mass General Hospital from December of 2012 until she transferred to the University of Virginia. Dr. Ballen performed a miracle with me and because of her I am still going strong going on my 5th year. I would definitely recommend her to anyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Ballen accepts your insurance.
Dr. Ballen frequently treats Bone Marrow Biopsy, Erythropoietin Test, and Myeloproliferative Disorders.
Dr. Ballen's office is located at 1215 Lee St, Charlottesville, VA 22908. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Ballen has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- University Hospital