Dr. Nance has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Kara Nance, MD is a obesity medicine specialist in Schaumburg, IL. Dr. Nance completed a residency at University of Chicago Medical Center. She currently practices at How To Be Healthy MD and is affiliated with Northwest Community Hospital. She accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Nance is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- American College of Physicians, Fellowship Hospital
- University of Chicago Medical Center, Residency Hospital
- University of Chicago Medical Center, Internship Hospital
- University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine, Medical School — 2000
- Princeton U, Undergraduate School
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
How To Be Healthy MD
How To Be Healthy MD919 N Plum Grove Rd Ste A, Schaumburg, IL 60173 Existing Patients: (847) 850-8185
- 2 870 W End Ct Ste 207, Vernon Hills, IL 60061 Existing Patients: (847) 850-8185
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Nance?
Kara Nance & her office staff were very nice to me during the visit. The office is nice. I didn’t have to wait long. There is a convenient optional online patient portal where you can obtain test results & even ask the doctor questions, & she is nice enough to answer them herself. To get the most out of having Dr. Nance as a doctor, it is important first that you understand what kind of doctor office this is so you can use her services to your advantage. This is a doctor who specializes in (1) calorie counseling, when being overweight is due to calorie over-consumption only, but not from hormone problems or other medical problems, & (2) diabetes management or specialized insulin level problems. They do run standard CBC & Chemistry labs & pap smears. However, this is not a primary care doctor nor a gynecology doctor. If you ask non-calorie related primary care or gynecology/women’s health questions, they will not answer those questions & instead tell you to see another doctor instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Nance accepts your insurance.
Dr. Nance frequently treats Vitamin D Deficiency, Overweight, and Obesity.
Dr. Nance's office is located at 919 N Plum Grove Rd Ste A, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Northwest Community Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital