Dr. James has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Joseph James, MD is a internal medicine specialist in North Chesterfield, VA. Dr. James completed a residency at University of Connecticut. He currently practices at Primary Health Group and is affiliated with Chippenham Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. James is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- University of Connecticut, Fellowship Hospital
- University of Connecticut, Residency Hospital
- U Conn Hlth Ctr, Internship Hospital — 1989
- Altius Health Plans
- American Postal Workers Union Health Plan
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Buckeye Community Health Plan
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Federal Employee Program (FEP)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Freedom Health
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Net
- Inter Valley Health Plan
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Magellan Health Services
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Marsh Affinity Group Services
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Meritain Health
- Midwest Life
- Molina Healthcare
- Mutual of Omaha
- New York Life
- North America Administrators (NAA)
- One Health
- Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Plan
- Optima Health
- PacifiCare Health Systems
- Physicians Mutual
- Principal Life
- Providence Health Plans
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services
- State Farm
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Teamsters or other Unions
- Veteran Administration Plan
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Primary Health Group
Johnston Willis1471 Johnston Willis Dr, North Chesterfield, VA 23235 Existing Patients: (804) 320-1333
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. James?
I've been a patient at his practice since first settling in Virginia in 2012. I was then 62 or so, and I've remained their patient. Some reviewer said that Dr James didn't take new patients older than 65, and I doubt that's true. He admits to being a geriatric-oriented practice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. James accepts your insurance.
Dr. James frequently treats Obesity, Hypertension, and Overweight.
Dr. James' office is located at 1471 Johnston Willis Dr, North Chesterfield, VA 23235. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Chippenham Hospital
- Johnston-Willis Hospital