Dr. Larson has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. John Larson, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Larson completed a residency at University of California Davis Medical Center. He currently practices at Mercyone South Des Moines Behavioral Health Care Clinic. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Larson is board certified in Psychiatry.
- University of California Davis Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 1975
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Residency Hospital — 1974
- Sacramento Med Ctr, Internship Hospital — 1970
- University of Iowa College of Medicine, Medical School — 1969
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Mercyone South Des Moines Behavioral Health Care Clinic6601 Sw 9th St Ste 2, Des Moines, IA 50315 Existing Patients: (515) 643-9030
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Larson?
My experience with Dr. Larson so far has been very good. He's very easy to understand, goes in to detail about treatment options. Seems to care and is a good listener. I feel that I can talk with him and not be judged.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. John Larson, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Larson's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Larson accepts your insurance.
Dr. Larson frequently treats Psychiatric Evaluation, Major Depressive Disorder, and Anxiety.
Dr. Larson's office is located at 6601 Sw 9th St Ste 2, Des Moines, IA 50315. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.