Dr. John Bookwalter III, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Bookwalter III completed a residency at University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center. and is affiliated with Allegheny General Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- 1 2300 Jane St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 Existing Patients: (412) 661-5500
- University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 1984
- University of Michigan / Ann Arbor, Residency Hospital — 1978
- IU Health Methodist, Internship Hospital — 1977
- Loyola University of Chicago / Stritch School of Medicine, Medical School — 1976
- Butler University, Undergraduate School — 1973
- Wabash College, Undergraduate School — 1971
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Buckeye Community Health Plan
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- Gateway Health Plan
- Health Net
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- TriWest Champus
- UPMC Health Plan
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Bookwalter III?
I am a nurse and spent 15 years of my career in neuroscience/neurosurgery and I would let Dr. Bookwalter operate on me if I needed surgery.
- Allegheny General Hospital
- UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital
- UPMC Passavant - McCandless
- UPMC Presbyterian
- Upmc Shadyside
- UPMC St. Margaret
- West Penn Hospital