Call (215) 395-9680 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. John Doherty, MD
Dr. John Doherty, MD is a cardiology specialist in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Doherty completed a residency at Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania. He currently practices at Div of Cardiology and is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Doherty is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania, Fellowship Hospital — 1983
- Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania, Residency Hospital — 1979
- Boston Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 1978
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY / SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY, Medical School — 1976
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Capital Blue Cross
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- Devon Health
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Keystone Health Plan East
- One Net
- Private HealthCare Systems
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Doherty?
I agree wholeheartedly with Cindy. In addition to his professional competency, he is patient, thorough, attentive and compassionate, never minimizing your concerns or symptoms. I've been seeing him for years and although I haven't experienced major issues, he has always provided the best care.
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Doherty accepts your insurance.
Dr. Doherty frequently treats Adult Congenital Heart Conditions and Heart Conditions.
Dr. Doherty's office is located at 925 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Doherty speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Doherty has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.