Click here to compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists.
Dr. John Owen, MD is a ophthalmology specialist in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Owen completed a residency at Eye Fdn Hosp/U Ala. He currently practices at John S. Owen, MD and is affiliated with Brookwood Baptist Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- IU Health University, Fellowship Hospital
- Eye Fdn Hosp/U Ala, Residency Hospital — 1985
- Carraway Meth Med Ctr, Internship Hospital — 1982
- The Johns Hopkins University, Undergraduate School — 1974
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
John S. Owen, MD
Norwood Clinic Ophthalmology1 Independence Plz Ste 700, Birmingham, AL 35209 Existing Patients: (800) 643-3937
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Owen?
Just had my six month check up with Dr. John Owen and Staff after bi lateral cataract surgeries. The experience of the surgeries was extremely easy. All questions were answered before hand. Going in, I knew I had a very experienced professional Doctor that had my best interest in his hands. His office staff is well trained and highly professional. I highly recommend Dr. John Owen and Staff for all of your ophthalmic needs!
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Owen frequently treats Floaters, Blepharitis, and Eyelid Disorders.
Dr. Owen's office is located at 1 Independence Plz Ste 700, Birmingham, AL 35209. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Owen has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Brookwood Baptist Medical Center