Click here to compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists.
Dr. John Mitchell, MD is a ophthalmology specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Mitchell completed a residency at Harlem Hospital Center. He currently practices at Macula Care and is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- 1978, Fellowship Hospital
- Neuro-Ophthalmology, Fellowship Hospital
- Colum Presby Med Center, Fellowship Hospital — 1978
- Harlem Hospital Center, Residency Hospital — 1977
- Harlem Hosp Ctr, Internship Hospital — 1974
- Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University, Medical School — 1973
- Weill Cornell Medical College, Undergraduate School — 1969
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Locals (any local)
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- Oxford Health Plans
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Creole, French Creole, Haitian Creole, Spanish
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Mitchell?
Dr. Mitchell is an EXCELLENT physician!!! He was able to control my condition AND improve my quality of life by simply changing a medication. His level of knowledge of my condition was far superior to that of his colleagues that attempted to treat me previously. He is more than willing to listen to your theories to a problem and when combined with his knowledge, the treatment plan devised will most likely work! It did for me and thus, I highly recommend Dr. Mitchell for your eye care needs!
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Mitchell has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Mitchell frequently treats Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy, Allergic Conjunctivitis, and Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis).
Dr. Mitchell's office is located at 52 E 72nd St, New York, NY 10021. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Mitchell speaks Spanish, French Creole, and Creole. View profile to see all.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center