Call (804) 373-6859 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. John Onufer, MD is a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist in Richmond, VA. Dr. Onufer completed a residency at Barnes Hospital. He currently practices at Virginia Cardiovascular Specialists and is affiliated with Retreat Doctors' Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Onufer is board certified in Cardiology.
- Washington University School Of Medicine, Fellowship Hospital
- Barnes Hospital, Residency Hospital
- Washington University School Of Medicine, Internship Hospital
- Washington University School Of Medicine, Medical School
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Onufer?
I started with heart palpitations on a Friday 7 years ago. They were very persistent and this was my first episode so I became very anxious. I called Virginia Cardiologists and Dr. Onufer was on call. He put me totally at ease and arranged his schedule to see me first thing Monday morning. I cannot say enough about Dr. Onufer. He is so knowledgeable, caring, explains in layman terms and is just a GREAT guy . I felt like I was the only patient he had to see that morning. Solved my PVC's with medication. You all are very fortunate to have Dr. Onufer in Arlington Heights although I really wish he was still in Richmond , VA. Gail Duncan in Richmond, VA - October 9, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. John Onufer, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Onufer's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Onufer accepts your insurance.
Dr. Onufer frequently treats Cardiac Electrical System Procedures, Cardiac Implantable Device Procedures, and Heart Conditions.
Dr. Onufer's office is located at 7611 Forest Ave Ste 100, Richmond, VA 23229. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Onufer has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Chippenham Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- Parham Doctors' Hospital
- Northwest Community Hospital