Call (804) 430-6026 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. John Onufer, MD is a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist in Richmond, VA. Dr. Onufer completed a residency at Barnes Hospital. He currently practices at Virginia Cardiovascular Specialists and is affiliated with Chippenham Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Onufer is board certified in Cardiology.
- Washington University School Of Medicine, Fellowship Hospital
- Barnes Hospital, Residency Hospital
- Washington University School Of Medicine, Internship Hospital
- Washington University School Of Medicine, Medical School
- WASHINGTON UNIV IN ST LOUIS SCH OF MED, Medical School — 1984
- WASHINGTON UNIV IN ST LOUIS SCH OF MED|Washington University School Of Medicine, Medical School — 1984
- University Of Notre Dame, Undergraduate School
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Onufer?
I had been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation that was discovered during a stress test. Dr Onufer performed an Ablation for me on 11/16/22, the surgery went well with no complications. He is extremely knowledgeable and his bed side manner is the best that I have ever experienced. I would highy recommend him and his staff, I think that he is the absoulute best. We are very fortunate to have such and outstanding cardiovascular surgeon in our area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. John Onufer, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Onufer's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Onufer accepts your insurance.
Dr. Onufer frequently treats Cardiac Electrical System Procedures, Cardiac Implantable Device Procedures, and Heart Conditions.
Dr. Onufer's office is located at 7611 Forest Ave Stes 100 and 100A, Richmond, VA 23229. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Onufer speaks English and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Onufer has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
- Chippenham Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- Parham Doctors' Hospital
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Northwest Community Hospital
Virginia Cardiovascular Specialists
Virginia Cardiovascular Specialists7611 Forest Ave Stes 100 and 100A, Richmond, VA 23229 Existing Patients: (804) 430-6026
Virginia Cardiovascular Specialists - Richmond
Virginia Cardiovascular Specialists - Richmond8700 Stony Point Pkwy Ste 120, Richmond, VA 23235 Existing Patients: (804) 430-6027