Dr. John Small, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in Temple Terrace, FL. Dr. Small completed a residency at University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He currently practices at Florida Orthopaedic Institute and is affiliated with Adventhealth Carrollwood. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Small is board certified in Spine Surgery.
- Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Fellowship Hospital — 1996
- University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 1995
- University of Nebraska / College of Medicine, Medical School — 1990
- University of Nebraska at Omaha, Undergraduate School — 1982
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Community Health Choice
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Florida
- Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Golden Rule
- Health Net
- HealthPlus Amerigroup
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Husky Health
- INTotal Health
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- National Elevator
- Peach State Health Plan
- Simply Healthcare Plans
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Wellcare of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Small?
I'm two years postop lumbar fusion and doing fantastic. Dr. Small did my 5th and hopefully last back surgery (each different problems). After my being around a number of spine surgeons, he truly impressed me with his knowledge, ability with interpreting my problems, ability to explain and show the procedure, and the surgery execution as well. He has made a tremendous positive impact in my life by removing my pain and the need for pain meds. LIFE CHANGING for the better! The follow up visits were always efficient and confirming of my status improvements. I do highly recommend Dr Small to any of my friends who have had a fun albeit hard life related to the spine.
- Adventhealth Carrollwood
- Tampa General Hospital