Click here to compare with other Cardiothoracic Surgery Specialists.
Dr. John Howington, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Gallatin, TN. Dr. Howington completed a residency at Truman Med Ctr-U Missouri. He currently practices at Tennessee Oncology, P.L.L.C.-Gallatin and is affiliated with Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Howington is board certified in Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery.
- The University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Other Education — 2019
- Vanderbilt University Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 1994
- Truman Med Ctr-U Missouri, Residency Hospital — 1994
- Truman Med Ctr, Internship Hospital — 1990
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center - Memphis, TN, Medical School — 1989
- Tennessee Technological University-Bs Chemistry, Undergraduate School — 1985
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Community Health Choice
- Coventry Health Care of Illinois
- Coventry Health Care of Missouri
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Health Net
- INTotal Health
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Meritain Health
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Peach State Health Plan
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Wellcare of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Howington?
Dr Howington did surgical removal of my lower lobe left lung October 9th 1997 in Little Rock Arkansas at UAMS. It was hoped that the lung contained primary lung cancer but it was in fact metastatic melanoma. We were frightened that I may not live more than a short time. He was skillful and very very kind. I want to get the message to him that I am, in fact, still living. 73 years old and very active. He might remember that the tumor was behind my heart and about the size of a golf ball. His skillful care gave me time to get into a clinical trial and after five years of that autoimmune therapy the melanoma has not come back. My name is Darrel Clare and I am so thankful for Dr Howington.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Howington frequently treats Renal Neoplasms & Resection.
Dr. Howington's office is located at 225 Big Station Camp Blvd #201, Gallatin, TN 37066. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Howington has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown
- Saint Thomas West Hospital
Tennessee Oncology, P.L.L.C.-Gallatin
Ascension Medical Group Saint Thomas Midtown Thoracic Surgery
Ascension Medical Group Saint Thomas Midtown Thoracic Surgery301 21st Avenue North #101, Nashville, TN 37203 (615) 329-7878
Ascension Medical Group Saint Thomas West Thoracic Surgery
Ascension Medical Group Saint Thomas West Thoracic Surgery4230 Harding Pike #530, Nashville, TN 37205 (615) 222-1260