Dr. John Gaffey, MD is a orthopedic surgery specialist in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Gaffey completed a residency at Loyola University Medical Center. He currently practices at Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons and is affiliated with Iowa Methodist Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Gaffey is board certified in Hand Surgery.
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Fellowship Hospital — 2010
- Loyola University Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 2009
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Medical School — 2004
- University of Iowa, Undergraduate School — 2000
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- HAP Insurance
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Gaffey?
Dr. Gaffey is incredible, trustworthy, personable, and will always have your best interest when deciding a treatment plan. I have seen him for trigger thumb and carpal tunnel, including treatments of cortisone injections and surgery. I couldn't even fathom the thought of having to see another hand surgeon. They legitimately don't come any better than this guy.
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center
- Methodist West Hospital
- UnityPoint Health - Des Moines Iowa Lutheran Hospital