Find contact information here to make an appointment.
Dr. John Austin, MD
Dr. John Austin, MD is
- UNIV OF MI MED SCH|University of Mi Med Sch, Medical School — 2000
- University of Michigan Medical Center University Hospital, Internship Hospital
- University of Michigan Medical Center University Hospital, Residency Hospital
- Cincinnati Sports Med and Orth Ctr, Fellowship Hospital
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Net
- Scripps Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United States Department of Labor
- We accept all PPO insurances and Medicare, please inquire with the office.
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Compare with other Sports Medicine Specialists
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Austin?
I cannot recommend Dr. John Austin enough. Simply put, he gave me the best experience I have ever gotten from a medical professional, by far. While there was so much more to my experience, his office checked EVERY box on the "What you want out of a doctor" list. Dr. Austin was warm, knowledgeable, good at explaining, didn't rush to conclusions, and genuinely cared about me and my case. Geine, was so sweet and an overall pleasure to work with. Scheduling can be a challenge with my line of work and they were very accommodating. Everyone that I interacted with on the journey spoke very highly of Dr. Austin and assured me I was in great hands. The surgery went great and he followed up with me to make sure I was feeling alright. I'm sure there are a lot of great orthopedic surgeons in the San Diego area, but if you want to be completely confident that you are working with a Doctor that truly cares, I'd go with Dr. Austin.
Frequently Asked Questions
A list of accepted insurance providers is available on the Sharecare insurance check. It is always a good idea to verify your insurance when making an appointment.
New patients are generally accepted by Dr. John Austin, MD. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Austin's profile.
Dr. Austin in specializes in Sports Medicine. See more on Sharecare.
Dr. Austin's office is located at 8929 University Center Ln Ste 205 San Diego, CA 92122. You can find other locations and directions on Sharecare.
Dr. Austin provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.
Dr. John Austin, MD is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
Yes, Dr. John Austin, MD holds board certification in Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. John Austin, MD has a star rating of 4.8/5. See more patient feedback on Sharecare.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
Scripps Mercy Physician Partners8929 University Center Ln Ste 205, San Diego, CA 92122 Existing Patients: (858) 703-6964
Northwest Orthopaedic Surgery
Northwest Orthopaedic Surgery8901 Activity Rd Ste 205, San Diego, CA 92126 Existing Patients: (858) 703-6964