Call (843) 567-1370 to make an appointment as a new patient. Click here for more information.
Dr. Jimmy Kontos, MD is a interventional cardiology specialist in Myrtle Beach, SC. Dr. Kontos completed a residency at George Washington University Medical Center. He currently practices at Grand Strand Heart Vascular Care Myrtle Beach and is affiliated with Grand Strand Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Kontos is board certified in Cardiology.
- Wake Forest University SOM | Wake Forest University SOM, Fellowship Hospital
- George Washington University Medical Center, Residency Hospital
- University of North Carolina Schoold of Medicine, Medical School
- Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
- American Republic
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Golden Rule
- Planned Administration Inc
- POMCO Group
- Veteran Administration Plan
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Kontos?
Excellent experience. I can't say enough about this physician. He put 2 new stints in. I currently now have 6 stints. I had leg pain for over 2 years and once the stints were placed and given a blood thinner my legs are 100% back to normal. I have my life back. It was so debilitating over the last several years. I was given a diagnosis for my legs of fibromyalgia by two other physicians. I was taking 9 gabipentin a day to just be able to function and this was with still a lot of pain. I am so so grateful for this doctor. He made a true different in my life. No gabipentin now. I can't ever thank him enough. Quality of life is 100% better with my legs. I am so so grateful and blessed. Doctors that make a difference like this should be recognized. I hope if this occurs like I had with another patient the doctor will be quick to act with making sure there is no blockage and also get them on a blood thinner quickly. Thank you again so so much Dr. Kontos!
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Kontos accepts your insurance.
Dr. Kontos frequently treats Cardiac Electrical System Procedures, Adult Congenital Heart Conditions, and Heart Conditions.
Dr. Kontos' office is located at 920 Doug White Dr Ste 510, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Kontos speaks Greek and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Kontos has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
- Grand Strand Medical Center
- Conway Medical Center
- Mcleod Loris Hospital
- Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital