Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients can also call (225) 590-5398, and for other questions, call (225) 754-3278.
Dr. Salvador Velazquez, MD
New Patient(225) 590-5398
Dr. Salvador Velazquez, MD is a cardiology specialist in Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Velazquez completed a residency at Touro Infirmary/Tulane University. He currently practices at Ochsner Health Center - O'Neal. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Velazquez is board certified in Internal Medicine.
Ochsner Health Center - O'Neal
Ochsner Health Center - O'Neal16777 Medical Center Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70816 Call
- Federal University of Parana, Brazil, Medical School
- Touro Infirmary/Tulane University, Fellowship Hospital — 1983
- Touro Infirmary/Tulane University, Residency Hospital — 1976
- Touro Infirm Hosp, Internship Hospital — 1974
- Central America College Jesuit Granada, Nicaragua, Undergraduate School
- American Lifecare
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Assurant Health
- Beech Street (Multiplan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Buckeye Community Health Plan
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Community Health Choice
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Louisiana
- Employers Health Network
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Galaxy Health Network
- Golden Rule
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Net
- Humana Veterans
- National Preferred Provider Network
- PPO Plus
- Prime Health Services
- Three Rivers Provider Network
- Thrivent Financial
- USA Managed Care Organization
- Wells Fargo Insurance
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Velazquez?
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Velazquez has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Salvador Velazquez, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Velazquez's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Velazquez accepts your insurance.
Dr. Velazquez frequently treats Heart Palpitations, Electrocardiogram (EKG), and Chest Pain.
Dr. Velazquez's office is located at 16777 Medical Center Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70816. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Velazquez speaks Portuguese, Spanish, and English. View profile to see all.