Dr. Jeffrey Persons, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Suffolk, VA. Dr. Persons completed a residency at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). He currently practices at Persons Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement Center and is affiliated with Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Persons is board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
Persons Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement Center
Persons Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement Center1005 Commercial Ln Ste 210, Suffolk, VA 23434 Existing Patients: (757) 538-1776
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Residency Hospital — 1986
- Boston University Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals, Internship Hospital — 1983
- Albany Medical College of Union University, Medical School — 1981
- Gettysburg College, Undergraduate School — 1977
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Community Health Choice
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Health Net
- INTotal Health
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- One Net
- Optima Health
- Peach State Health Plan
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Today's Options
- Virginia Health Network
- Virginia Premier
- Wellcare of Georgia
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Persons?
I've just (2 weeks ago) had my knee replaced. I have had VERY LITTLE pain...less than 1 on a scale of 1 to 10...and I am cleared to do all activities except run and jump! My balance is great, my flexibilty is almost perfect. I can stand on my new knee with my other foot raise and NOT have to hold onto anything of balance. I go up and down stairs one foot per tread...I FEEL GREAT. Dr. Person's is THE BEST joint surgeon in my universe. I'd rate him FIVE PLUS stars if I could. He demands perfection from his staff and gets it.
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Sentara Obici Hospital