Dr. James Lettera, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery specialist in Fairfield, CT. Dr. Lettera completed a residency at Jackson Memorial Hospital. and is affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Lettera is board certified in Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery.
- University Of Miami School Of Med, Fellowship Hospital — 1984
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, Residency Hospital — 1984
- St Vincents Hosp Med Ctr, Residency Hospital — 1982
- St Vincents Hosp Med Ctr, Internship Hospital — 1978
- Georgetown U, School of Medicine, Medical School — 1977
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Lettera?
Long ago. 1989. I had to have a second chest surgery to remove the rest of my left lung from a bronchial adenoma. Dr Lettera was called in by Dr Mergenthaler, another wonderful surgeon who had no hesitation seeking a second opinion. Both did what they could to save my life. I am now 63. I have been able to have a wonderful and fulfilling life including a nursing career that I retired from last year, a great marriage of 40 years and four beautiful grandchildren. Still active and grateful.
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Norwalk Hospital
- St. Vincent's Medical Center