Dr. Smelser has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. James Smelser, MD is a nephrology specialist in Huntsville, AL. Dr. Smelser completed a residency at Mayo Grad School Med/mayo Fndn. He currently practices at Huntsville Renal Clinic PC and is affiliated with Athens - Limestone Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Smelser is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- Mayo Grad School Med/mayo Fndn, Residency Hospital
- nephrology, Fellowship Hospital — 1995
- Rochester Methodist Hospital, Internship Hospital — 1991
- Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Huntsville Renal Clinic PC810 Franklin St Se Ste A, Huntsville, AL 35801 Existing Patients: (256) 533-7676
Fresenius Medical Care North Al
North Alabama Nephrology Center1311 Memorial Pkwy Nw Ste 200, Huntsville, AL 35801 Existing Patients: (256) 536-8571
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Smelser?
Dr Smelser is great
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. James Smelser, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Smelser's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Smelser accepts your insurance.
Dr. Smelser frequently treats Glomerulonephritis & Nephropathy.
Dr. Smelser's office is located at 810 Franklin St Se Ste A, Huntsville, AL 35801. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Athens - Limestone Hospital
- Crestwood Medical Center
- Decatur Morgan Hospital
- Highlands Medical Center
- Huntsville Hospital
- Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children
- Madison Hospital
- Marshall Medical Center South