Dr. Lewis has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. James Lewis, MD is a nephrology specialist in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Lewis completed a residency at Indiana University School of Medicine. He currently practices at Nephrology Associates PC and is affiliated with Brookwood Baptist Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Lewis is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- U Ala, Fellowship Hospital
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Residency Hospital — 1988
- Indiana U, School of Medicine, Medical School — 1985
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Lewis?
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. James Lewis, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Lewis' profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Lewis accepts your insurance.
Dr. Lewis frequently treats End-Stage Renal Disease, Calcium Metabolism Disorders, and Hyperkalemia.
Dr. Lewis' office is located at 817 Princeton Ave Sw Ste 210, Birmingham, AL 35211. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
- Grandview Medical Center
- Medical West Main Campus
- Princeton Baptist Medical Center
- Shelby Baptist Medical Center
- St. Vincent's Birmingham
- St. Vincent's East
- Walker Baptist Medical Center