Dr. James Matera, DO is a nephrology specialist in Freehold, NJ. Dr. Matera completed a residency at Union Hospital-Union, Nj. He currently practices at Nephrology/Hypertension Assocs and is affiliated with Centrastate Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Fellowship Hospital — 1994
- Union Hospital-Union, Nj, Residency Hospital — 1992
- University of Osteopathic Medicine And The Health Sciences, Medical School — 1989
- Seton Hall U, Undergraduate School — 1985
- Spring Hill College, Undergraduate School — 1983
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Oxford Health Plans
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Matera?
My favorite doctor out of all my doctor's. He explains everything in detail and asks you questions so he can better understand your situation. He recently sent me to a kidney smart class so I could gain more knowledge about kidney disease. I am so upset he is leaving the practice he is affiliated with, it is going to be hard to find another doctor that I feel so good about. I know the other doctors in the group are good too but he is the best. Dr. Matera I wish you well it has been my pleasure.
- Centrastate Medical Center
- Hackensack Meridian Health Raritan Bay Medical Center - Perth Amboy
- RWJ University Hospital Hamilton
- Saint Peter's University Hospital