Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients can also call (985) 635-4285.
Dr. James Carinder, DO
Dr. James Carinder, DO is a hematology & oncology specialist in Covington, LA. Dr. Carinder completed a residency at Cleveland Clin Fdn. He currently practices at Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center - Covington, LA and is affiliated with Saint Tammany Parish Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Carinder is board certified in Hematology.
- Cleveland Clin Fdn, Fellowship Hospital — 2000
- Cleveland Clin Fdn, Residency Hospital — 1997
- Oklahoma State Univ Center For Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine, Medical School — 1994
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Louisiana
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Carinder?
I’v been going to Dr. Carinder for about nine years. He’s very nice and takes his time with his patients.. When he left the Slidell office I followed him to Covington as did a lot of his patients. I’d recommend him to anyone who needs a hematologist, he’s that good.
- Saint Tammany Parish Hospital
- Lakeview Regional Medical Center
- Ochsner Medical Center
- Our Lady Of The Angels Hospital
- Riverside Medical Center
- Slidell Memorial Hospital
- Washington Saint Tammany Regional Medical Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Carinder has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. James Carinder, DO generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Carinder's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Carinder accepts your insurance.
Dr. Carinder frequently treats Anemia, Neutropenia, and Secondary Malignancies.
Dr. Carinder's office is located at 1203 S Tyler St, Covington, LA 70433. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Carinder speaks French and English. View profile to see all.
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center - Covington, LA
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center - Covington, LA1203 S Tyler St, Covington, LA 70433 Call
Northshore Oncology Associates
Northshore Oncology Associates1120 Robert Blvd Ste 330, Slidell, LA 70458 Call