Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Durham, NC. Dr. Karikari completed a residency at Neurosurgery, Duke University Medical Center. He currently practices at Duke Spine Center and is affiliated with Cape Fear Valley - Bladen County Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Karikari is board certified in Neurosurgery.
Duke Spine Center
Duke Spine Center40 Duke Medicine Cir Ste 1c, Durham, NC 27710 Existing Patients: (919) 684-7777
- Orthopaedic Spine Deformity, Washington University In St. Louis (Missouri), Fellowship Hospital — 2014
- Neurosurgery, Duke University Medical Center, Residency Hospital — 2013
- Duke University School Of Medicine, Internship Hospital — 2006
- Duke University, Medical School — 2006
- Morehouse College, Undergraduate School — 2002
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Karikari?
I recently had an L3-L5 laminectomy at Duke, performed by Dr Karikari. I could not be more pleased with both the experience & outcome. He was excellent at explaining the cause of my symptoms, reviewing my MRI images in a way I could understand what I was looking at, and clarifying what outcomes I could expect and the potential risks (without either over- or underselling). His staff provided excellent teaching materials to assist in preparing for surgery. My surgery went very smoothly and, despite the expected surgical site pain, my other symptoms (pain, numbness extending into my hips and legs) were immediately resolved. The surgical team at Duke, including nurses, advanced practice providers, PT/OT, anesthesia, worked well together and made for an optimal surgical experience. As someone with a healthcare background (retired), who sought out Dr. Karikari as a second opinion after dissatisfaction with my first consultation, I would highly recommend Dr. Karikari for spine surgery.
- Cape Fear Valley - Bladen County Hospital
- Duke Health Raleigh Hospital
- Duke Regional Hospital
- Duke University Hospital