Dr. Gerald Koppes, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Koppes' profile to make an appointment.
Dr. Gerald Koppes, MD is a cardiology specialist in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Koppes completed a residency at Wilford Hall Med Center. He currently practices at San Antonio Heart, PLLC and is affiliated with Methodist Hospital Stone Oak. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Wilford Hall Med Center, Fellowship Hospital — 1977
- Wilford Hall Med Center, Residency Hospital — 1975
- Wilford Hall Med Ctr, Internship Hospital — 1973
- University of Kansas / School of Medicine, Medical School — 1972
- American Republic
- Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Commercial Insurance Company
- Community Health Choice
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Golden Rule
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- Health Net
- HealthPlus Amerigroup
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Husky Health
- INTotal Health
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
- Meritain Health
- Midwest Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- National Elevator
- Peach State Health Plan
- Principal Life
- Simply Healthcare Plans
- Staywell (Wellcare)
- Universal American
- Wellcare of Georgia
- Wells Fargo Insurance
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
San Antonio Heart, PLLC
Metropolitan Professional Bldg1303 Mccullough Ave Ste 300, San Antonio, TX 78212 Existing Patients: (210) 270-2992
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Koppes?
Great doctor. Spends time with me and answers all questions. Is able to perform and give immediate feedback on echocardiograms and doesn't charge "in hospital rates" like offices associated with Stone Oak Methodist does. I saved approx. $800 out of pocket per echo as a result.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Koppes accepts your insurance.
Dr. Koppes frequently treats Electrocardiogram (EKG), Hyperlipidemia, and Carotid Artery Disease.
Dr. Koppes' office is located at 1303 Mccullough Ave Ste 300, San Antonio, TX 78212. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Koppes speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Koppes has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Metropolitan Methodist Hospital