Dr. Ackerman has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. George Ackerman, MD is a orthopedic sports medicine surgery specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Ackerman completed a residency at St Luke's-Roosevelt Hosp/Columbia P&S. He currently practices at NY Orthopedics and is affiliated with Franklin Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans, including Medicare. Dr. Ackerman is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Lenox Hill Hosp, Fellowship Hospital
- St Luke's-Roosevelt Hosp/Columbia P&S, Residency Hospital
- St Luke's-Roosevelt Hosp/Columbia P&S, Internship Hospital
- New York Medical College, Medical School
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- Locals (any local)
- Oxford Health Plans
- Worker's Compensation
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Ackerman?
Dr. Ackerman is a skilled orthopedist who I would highly recommend to anyone. He has taken care of my knee and back ailments when other doctors have suggested more invasive treatments. The decrease in pain and increase in level of mobility have far exceeded any of my expectations. I am forever grateful for Dr. Ackerman’s empathy and care.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. George Ackerman, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Ackerman's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Ackerman accepts your insurance.
Dr. Ackerman frequently treats Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear), Wrist Sprain or Strain, and Osteoarthritis.
Dr. Ackerman's office is located at 159 E 74th St Fl 2, New York, NY 10021. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Franklin Hospital
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
- NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island