Dr. Lema has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.
Dr. Gareth Lema, MD is a vitreoretinal disease specialist in Buffalo, NY. Dr. Lema completed a residency at The School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences SUNY at Buffalo. He currently practices at Arnold I Edelman and is affiliated with Buffalo General Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Lema is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- University of Rochester School of Medicine, Fellowship Hospital — 2013
- The School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences SUNY at Buffalo, Residency Hospital — 2011
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 2008
- U OF BUFFALO SUNY SCH OF MED & BIOMEDICAL SCI, Medical School — 2007
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Independent Health
- MVP Health Care
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Arnold I Edelman1176 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14209 Existing Patients: (716) 881-7900
New York Eye & Ear Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai Hospital Ophthalmology Faculty Practice17 E 102nd St, New York, NY 10029 Existing Patients: (212) 241-0939
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Lema?
Very kind and caring doctor.....very knowledgeable too...treating me for diabetes complications that is affecting my vision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Gareth Lema, MD generally accepts new patients. You can see Dr. Lema's profile to make an appointment.
Use our insurance check to verify if Dr. Lema accepts your insurance.
Dr. Lema frequently treats Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair), Macular Hole, and Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear.
Dr. Lema's office is located at 1176 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14209. Find other locations and directions.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Buffalo General Medical Center
- Degraff Memorial Hospital
- ECMC Health Campus