Click here to compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists.
Dr. Frederick Weidman III, MD is a ophthalmology specialist in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Weidman III completed a residency at Hermann Eye Center. He currently practices at Horizon Eye Care and is affiliated with Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center. He accepts multiple insurance plans.
- Hermann Eye Center, Fellowship Hospital — 1990
- Hermann Eye Center, Residency Hospital — 1988
- Baylor University Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 1985
- West Virginia University, Medical School — 1984
- Vanderbilt University, Undergraduate School
- National Eye Institute, Other Education
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Weidman III?
I had a detached retinal, and he did emergency surgery on my eye that same day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Weidman III frequently treats Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair), Vitreoretinal Surgery, and Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy.
Dr. Weidman III's office is located at 135 S Sharon Amity Rd Ste 100, Charlotte, NC 28211. Find other locations and directions.
Dr. Weidman III speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.
Dr. Weidman III has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.
Find contact information here to make an appointment.
- Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center
Horizon Eye Care
Horizon Eye Care135 S Sharon Amity Rd Ste 100, Charlotte, NC 28211 Existing Patients: (877) 825-6894