Find contact information here to make an appointment.
Dr. Frederick Buechel, MD
Dr. Frederick Buechel, MD
Dr. Frederick Buechel, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. They graduated from
Patients said this doctor explains conditions well.
Patients said this doctor is trustworthy.
Patients said the staff was friendly.
Patients said scheduling was easy.
Northwell Health Medical Pavilion at Lenox Health Greenwich Village200 W 13th St Fl 6, New York, NY 10011
Northwell Health Physician Partners Orthopaedic Institute at Lenox Hill130 E 77th St Fl 12, New York, NY 10075
Experience and Background Check
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Buechel?
Had a partial knee replacement with Dr. Buechel in 2010 in Naples, FL. Still active at age 75 with no problems. I truly believe that the robotic-assisted surgery is the only way to go and he is the ONLY doctor that has my total confidence. Thought I needed a replacement in my other knee and visited him in NYC late August, 2021. After testing and consultation, he suggested a knee arthroscopy to repair a meniscal tear. Surgery was performed 2 weeks later. Back to doing everything in a little over a week! Dr. Frederick Buechel Jr. is not only the BEST Orthopaedic doctor, he is totally honest, caring, has great bedside manner and will never leave a question unanswered. That is why I chose him two times!!!
- Dr. Frederick Buechel, Jr, MD is an Orthopaedic surgeon and expert in robotic assisted partial knee replacement and total knee replacement. He is the Director of Robotic Assisted Knee Surgery at Northwell Health s Lenox Hill Hospital and Lenox Health Greenwich Village in New York City. Dr. Buechel is a Visiting Professor at Taipei Medical University and China Medical University in Taichung, Taiwan.Dr. Buechel specializes in the surgical treatment of patients with knee pain, and he is one of the worlds most experienced clinical users of robotic assisted technology for partial knee replacement and total knee replacement. With the assistance of the Mako Robotic Knee System, Dr. Buechel performs outpatient, minimally invasive medial, lateral, and patellofemoral partial knee replacements, and total knee replacements. He performs arthroscopic knee surgery and treats meniscus tears and cartilage injuries.Dr. Buechel has been performing Partial Knee Replacements as an outpatient, with Mako robotic assistance for precision planning and implant installation since 2009. His partial knee technique uses a muscle sparing mini incision, an advanced cosmetic skin closure, immediate full weight bearing, a rapid recovery protocol, no tourniquets, and a multi-modal approach to anesthesia for optimal safety and comfort during and after the procedure.Using the Mako Robotic Total Knee Replacement System, Dr. Buechel fixes painful knees that have advanced arthritis or osteonecrosis that is not treatable with a partial knee replacement alone. The Mako system provides sophisticated knee replacement planning tools to optimize implant fit, knee alignment, and ligament balance. The Mako robotic arm is a bone preparation tool that allows for very precise positioning of the knee replacement implants on the bone surfaces, and increases safety. Dr. Buechel s total knee patients go home the same day, or after a one-night stay when medically indicated.Dr. Buechel began his career in Naples, Florida, where he was the chief of Orthopaedic surgery at the NCH Healthcare System and Physicians Regional Healthcare System. He was later elected the Vice-Chairman and then Chairman of the Department of Surgery, at Physicians Regional Healthcare System.Dr. Buechel is a pioneer in robotic knee surgery starting the Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted program in Naples, Florida in 2009. He founded the Makoplasty International Destination and Training Center for patients and surgeons, and he has been part of the USA and international surgeon training team since 2010, while closely involved in the evolution and development of the system.Dr. Buechel works at Northwell Health s Lenox Hill Hospital and Lenox Health Greenwich Village in New York City as the Director of Robotic Assisted Knee Surgery and provides patients with painful knees, precision Mako Robotic Partial and Total Knee replacement.
- Dr. Frederick Buechel, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY. He specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and Pain Management.
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Drexel University College of Medicine
- Drexel College of Medicine (Hahnemann University
- University Of Pennsylvania
Frequently Asked Questions
A list of accepted insurance providers is available on the Sharecare insurance check. It is always a good idea to verify your insurance when making an appointment.
New patients are generally accepted by Dr. Frederick Buechel, MD. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Buechel's profile.
Dr. Buechel in specializes in Orthopedic Surgery. See more on Sharecare.
Dr. Buechel's office is located at 200 W 13th St Fl 6 New York, NY 10011. You can find other locations and directions on Sharecare.
Dr. Buechel provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.
Dr. Frederick Buechel, MD is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital.
Dr. Frederick Buechel, MD has a star rating of 5.0/5. See more patient feedback on Sharecare.
Lenox Hill Hospital
100 E 77th St, New York, NY