Dr. Frank Bohnenkamp, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Crystal Lake, IL. Dr. Bohnenkamp completed a residency at University Of Illinois At Chicago Surgery Residency Program. He currently practices at OrthoIllinois and is affiliated with Advocate Sherman Hospital. He accepts multiple insurance plans. Dr. Bohnenkamp is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery.
OrthoIllinois750 E Terra Cotta Ave, Crystal Lake, IL 60014 Existing Patients: (815) 398-9491
OrthoIllinois324 Roxbury Rd, Algonquin, IL 60102 Existing Patients: (815) 977-9036
- Washington University Joint Preserving, Resurfacing, and Replacement Fellowship, Fellowship Hospital — 2014
- University Of Illinois At Chicago Surgery Residency Program, Residency Hospital — 2013
- University Of Illinois At Chicago Medical Center, Internship Hospital — 2009
- University of Illinois At Chicago / College of Medicine, Medical School — 2008
- Department Of Physiologic Imaging-University Of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Post Graduate Studies and Research Assistant, Undergraduate School — 2004
- University Of Iowa College Of Engineering, Undergraduate School — 2003
- Beech Street (Multiplan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Coventry Health Care
- First Choice Health
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- HAP Insurance
- Priority Health
- The Alliance
* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.
Leave a review
How likely are you to recommend Dr. Bohnenkamp?
I am 45 year male who was a runner for years . I am currently a Captain on my local fire department. Upon knowing I needed 2 new hips I searched for a doctor that would do a bilateral anterior approach hip replacement. I had my surgery in June of 2020 and have since returned to work in September of 2020. I am able to do things I haven't be able to in years. For example I can ride a bike and go for longer walks without pain. From my first visit to my last visit the staff and Dr. Bohenkamp have gone beyond my expectations and I can say I am very pleased with my results. Upon searching for a surgeon I wanted the best which lead me to this facility which is over 2 hours away from my hometown. It is well worth the drive! My first visit 2 weeks after surgery I was able to walk into OrthoIllinois with no aid. From that point on I kept getting stronger and I am more active than I have been in years.
- Advocate Sherman Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital